Coconut Coir (100% organic biodegradable fiber) for growing medium. Produced in five different grades:
|Germination||Hydroponic Production||Hydroponic Production||Hydroponic Production||Orchid Media|
|Weed Suppression||Raspberries||Blueberries||Bell Peppers||Bell Peppers|
|Hydro-seeding||Blackberries||Strawberries||Mini Sweet Peppers||Aggregate for Mixes|
|Spilled Containment||Germination||Tomatoes||Dwarf Avocado tree||Cannabis/Hemp|
|Great Absorbent||Capillary Mats||Cucumbers||Aggregate for Mixes||Rabbit Bedding|
|Reptile Bedding||Propagation of cuttings||Figs||Decorative Mulch|
|Aggregate for Mixes||Horse Bedding|
Coconut coir Specifications:
|Description||GERMINATION||FINE GRADE||MEDIUM GRADE||CROSS CUT||COARSE GRADE|
|Density Kg/M3 hum.34%||165 kg||159 kg||151 kg||148 kg||118 kg|
|Water Retention, Vol.%||68%||48%||43%||40%||38%|
|Air Space Vol.%||32%||52%||57%||60%||62%|
|Electro-Conductivity||1.8 ds/m||1.7 ds/m||1.3 ds/m||1.6 ds/m||1.7 ds/m|
|Total Exchangeable Cations (TEC)||206 meg/kg||92 meg/kg||77 meg/kg||90 meg/kg||206 meg/kg|
*Note: Can be a variation on EC, pH and TEC base on the dry or rainy season
There are countless benefits in using this 100% natural product. Some advantages are:
- 100% Biodegradable.
- A slow decomposition rate means that it maintains its structure longer than other alternatives.
- Provides superior ventilation.
- Its structure is essential in providing ideal conditions for above-average root system development.
- Holds approximately 8-9 times its weight in water which results in water saving.
- Our patented process allows the coir to retain its powerful disease suppressing abilities.
- Extends the shelf-life of container-grown plants.
- Minimizes the scattering of diseases to nearby plants.
- Decreases evaporation.
- Eliminates the need for pre-emergency herbicides.
- It helps to control the levels of pollutants in regular surface water runoff.